Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The Girl in the Green Raincoat by Laura Lippman

Title: The Girl in the Green Raincoat

Author: Laura Lippman
Read by: Linda Emond
Publisher: AudioGO Sound Library
Length: 4 hours and 26 minutes (4 CDs)
Source: The Kewaunee Public Library

The Girl in the Green Raincoat by Laura Lippman was one of my favorite books that I read in 2011. I picked it for my book club pick for the month of May as I thought the other mothers in our group would enjoy it as well. The heroine, Tess Monaghan, is a private detective on bed rest for the last few months of her pregnancy. A girl in a green rain coat walks her dog each day in a park outside of Tess’s window. The girl intrigues Tess a la Rear Window, even more so when the girl goes missing and her dog is found abandoned. For a complete review of this novel, please click on this link. I’m going to focus this review on the audiobook.

The Girl in the Green Raincoat is the perfect audiobook experience. Linda Edmond does a good job narrating the book, but what really shines in the riveting plot. It really keeps the listener engaged on a long drive and it is so short that it does not leave the listener hanging for too long on plot points. The ending is great and was the one thing that most of the book club commented on as it caught them off guard.

I highly recommend this novel both in book and audio form for those who have not read it yet. It is a great mystery with interesting characters. I would love to read more about Tess Monaghan (this is the only Tess Monaghan novel I’ve read) and with my new long drive to and from work each day, perhaps I’ll have to hunt for audiobook versions.

2 comments:

  1. Everytime I hear about this book, I want to read it...maybe I'll see if the library has an audio version, as it does sound perfect for listening to in the car.

    I love the premise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds wonderful, Laura. Thanks for your concise review of this audio book.

    ReplyDelete