Sunday, March 18, 2012

Falling Home by Karen White

If you are looking for a novel of romance filled with great characters, Falling Home is the perfect book for you.  This was the FLICKS Book and Movie Club pick for March and we all agreed that the characters were our favorite part of the book. 

Cassie left Walton, Georgia at age twenty after her sister eloped with her boyfriend Joe.  She moved to New York and has created a very successful career in advertising and is engaged to the firm’s owner, Andrew.  She gets a sudden call from her sister, Harriet, fifteen years later that her father is dying.  Returning to Walton to say goodbye to her father, Cassie rediscovers the friends and family that she left behind.  Her sister Harriet and Joe now have five children, and an old childhood friend, Sam, has become the good looking town doctor.  Sam and Cassie always seem to cross each other the wrong way, but there is no denying that sparks are flying.  When Andrew shows up in town, Cassie must make a decision to return to her life in New York that she loves, or to stay in the town she grew up. 

There was also an appealing mystery that ran throughout the book that I don’t want to ruin here.  I thought the mystery was interesting, but I figured out the entire ending of the book probably halfway through.  Although I knew how the book was going to end, I enjoyed the journey and getting to know the characters.  In other words, don’t read this book expecting a great new plot that will blow you out of the water. Instead it is a story that seems familiar and has a great cast of characters.  As I’m constantly stressed out lately, it was a good book to relax and wind down from the day .

Overall, if you are looking for a good romance with well-developed characters, Falling Home is the book for you!

Book Source:  The Kewaunee Public Library

4 comments:

  1. This sounds (I'm probably simplifying things here) a lot like Sweet Home Alabama, just in the go away to NYC, come back home, have to decide what you want sort of way. I do like romance, but I'm drowning in my pool of YA, so I probably won't pick this one up. Thanks for sharing your review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It had a very similar premise to Sweet Home Alabama and a variety of other chick flicks and books (although the details are different). Usually such a predictable plot would throw me off of a book, but the characters were so engaging that I liked the book anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love the cover. This sounds like my kind of review. I had never heard of it before your review. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete