Thursday, June 17, 2010

Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte (Audiobook)

Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte is one of my favorite novels of all time. It is a novel that I have read many times throughout my life; each time different sections of the novel speak clearer to me. Each time I have read it, I have loved it. Jane Eyre is an independent heroine who knows what she wants out of life, and does not submit to temptation to accept anything less.

I decided for the All About the Brontes challenge to listen to Jane Eyre for the first time on audiobook. The version I listened to was read by Wanda McCaddon (she also narrated a couple Jane Austen novels I listened to last year). Unfortunately I finished listening to this audiobook back in March during the crux of my morning sickness and didn’t write the review right away. Therefore, I do not have as detailed a review as I would have had otherwise. Overall, I enjoyed experiencing Jane Eyre in a different way, through listening to the novel rather than reading it. Although I think I prefer reading it the old fashioned way. It didn’t seem to beg to be read aloud as the Jane Austen novels did that I listened to last year.

Audiobook Source: The Kewaunee Public Library

No comments:

Post a Comment