Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris

I read about this series of funny Southern vampire mysteries in Entertainment Weekly in a review of "True Blood" the mini-series based on the book that is new on a cable station I don't have. The books sounded interesting so I ordered the first one from the library.

Dead Until Dark is the story of Sookie Stackhouse, a young waitress in a bar in Bon Temps, Louisiana that has a strange ability to read minds. Vampires have "come out of the coffin" now that there is an artificial blood for them to drink. Bill Compton is the first vampire that Sookie encounters. After saving his life, she finds herself falling in love with him - especially because he is the first man who's thoughts she can't read. When women start showing up dead in town Sookie finds herself in the middle of a mystery that she and Bill must solve to be able to stay together.

I found this novel to be very entertaining with a few laugh out loud moments. The mystery was good too and made it so I could hardly put the book down at the end. I really want to find out more about Bill's past . . . what happened to his wife and kids and how did he become a vampire after the Civil War? I highly recommend this book!

1 comment:

  1. I know os to it is very great book i ever read .

    ReplyDelete