Thursday, August 28, 2008

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer

I feel like I am behind . . . I read all about the "Twilight" series in Entertainment Weekly a few weeks ago and realized I had read not one of the "best books since Harry Potter." I decided it was time to change my state of ignorance and reserved a copy of Twilight at my local library. Twilight is a young adult novel and rather large, but it took me no time at all to read through it. And let me tell you - it definitely lives up to the hype!

Twilight is a passionate and thrilling story about a young teenage girl, Bella, who moves to Forks, Washington to live with her father. She has normal teenage angst about fitting in at a new school, but also finds herself enraptured with a beautiful teenage boy named Edward. Eventually she discovers that Edward is a vampire. The book takes a thrilling turn when Edward and his family must protect Bella from an evil force - and I will say no more.

I can see why teenage girls are enraptured with this book - Edward is one of the sexiest heros I've ever read in literature, even though there is no sex in the novel. He rates up there with Mr. Darcy, Mr. Rochester, Heathcliff, Rhett Butler . . . I need to start a list of top ten sexiest heros of literature! :-) He is not only gorgeous, but has a tortured soul that yearns to love Bella.

I highly recommend Twilight - it was a fantastic, thrilling, vampire love story. I can't wait to read New Moon!

No comments:

Post a Comment