Monday, April 21, 2008

House of Testosterone: One Mom's Survival in a Household of Males by Sharon O'Donnell

I saw this title on a recommended reading list at the library and since I'm expecting baby boy number two I thought it would be a good read. House of Testosterone was a funny true account tale of Sharon O'Donnell's struggles being the only female in a house full of sport loving supermen including her husband Kevin, three sons, and dog.

The book is set up basically as a series of articles/stories about the every day life in a household of males. From not being able to keep up with the laundry, to trying to understand the sport speak of the men, it was a humerous book to read. It gives me insight to what I have to look forward to as Kile and my ready-to-be-born-any-minute son grow older. The stories were almost bittersweet at times - there were exasperating moments, yet moments of sadness as your little boys grow into men.

I'd recommend this book to other moms of boys. It was pretty funny. Sharon O'Donnell has a website at http://www.momsofboys.org/ that is pretty interesting to look at. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment