Monday, March 31, 2008

The Game Plan

The Game Plan was a rather entertaining family movie. Truthfully as I start to think more about what I watch with Kile getting older, I've started to realize there is not much out there in the way of family entertainment. It is always a welcome change to find a good family film these days.

While the plot is not original by any means, I was still entertained. The Rock portrays Joe Kingman, a superstar quarterback on a fictional Boston Team. Joe is an egomaniac and working toward winning his first "national championship." Out of the blue, a young girl, Peyton, shows up on his doorstep claiming to be his daughter. Peyton has a birth certificate and a letter from her mother as proof. She needs Joe to watch her for a month while her mother is in Africa. Joe is thrown for a loop and has many moments of bad parenting before discovering that there is more to life than himself.

The movie actually surprised me with a loop toward the end that I was not expecting - which I found very satisfying. Otherwise the movie was pretty typical with Joe learning to be a good father and how not to be so self-centered. It is not a cinematic masterpiece by any means, but was an enjoyable family film.

No comments:

Post a Comment