Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I Did (But I Wouldn't Now) by Cara Lockwood

I read this light-hearted sequel to I Do (But I Don't) last week and enjoyed it. While not as good as it's predecessor, I Did (But I Wouldn't Now) was still an enjoyable light hearted read.

I Did (But I Wouldn't Now) tells the story of Lily, the younger sister from I Do (But I Don't). It's now a few years down the road and Lily has found herself just separated from her rock star husband. It's bad enough to find out that your husband cheated on you with a movie star, but even more humilating when the entire world knows about it! Lily flies off to London to visit her friend (and ex-boyfriend) Carter and escape from her ex-husband. My hilarity and romance ensues.

I didn't think this book was as good as the first as it is hard to relate to being a rock star's wife! Also the new romance between Carter and Lily was strange with Carter sleeping with his psycho ex-girlfriend at the budding of Carter and Lily's rediscovering their feelings for each other. It seemed awkward and not as romantic as it could be.

If you liked I Do (But I Don't), this book is a good follow-up, but don't expect it to be as strong of a novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment