Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Two for the Dough by Janet Evanovich

Two for the Dough is the second in Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series, about a woman bounty hunter tracking down crimals in "The Burg," New Jersey. I enjoyed this book as much as I enjoyed the first one. It made me laugh out loud a lot - which made Ben give me questioning looks:-)

In this novel, Stephanie is tracking down Kenny Mancuso, Joe Morelli's cousin, who shot a high school friend in the knee, and then disappeared after Stephanie's cousin Vincent Plum posted bond. After the friend ends up dead, body parts from the neighborhood funeral home ( that happens to be run by Spiro, Kenny's other high school friend) happen to start showing up to warn people off the case. Stephanie has her car stolen once again and gets to drive Grandma Mazur's indestructable powder blue 1953 Buick. Morelli and Plum team up once again to solve the crime, sparks fly, and much hilarity ensues.

I love the supporting cast of characters, especially Grandma Mazur. She cracks me up! All of Evanovich's characters are well rounded and add well to the story.

If you are looking for a funny, sexy, mystery series - I highly recommend! I'm glad Jenn recommended them to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment