Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Spiderman 3

Yes - I actually went to see a movie in the THEATRE last weekend for only the second time since Kile was born. Sadly Ben has still not been to a movie since Kile was born. We are hopefully going on a date on Saturday so I might be watching Spidey again!

My best friend Jenn was in town to visit as I mentioned on an earlier blog. Jenn and I love to go and see movies so we went and watched Spiderman 3 on Saturday afternoon.

I had low expectations going into the movie as I had read some terrible reviews. I was pleasantly surprised by the movie. I thought overall it was a pretty good movie. It really tied up many of the loose ends from the overall story arc that has been going since Spiderman 1. Mostly it tied up Harry Osborne's story line. Although it wasn't quite as good as 1 or 2, I would like to watch it again and add it to my DVD collection.

I think the movie was not quite as good was the fact that Raimi just tried to do too much. Three villians is too much, especially when you try to give them a moving back story. If one of the two new villains would have been chopped out, I think it would have been a cleaner story. I can see what he was trying to do with both (help Peter Parker discover different dark aspects to his own character), but it would have been nice to have a more fully developed villian. The adding of villians reminds me of how overblown the Batman movies became as they kept adding too many villians!

Overall though I recommend this movie. I'd give a plot outline, but I'm tired:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment